On this episode, co-hosts Dr. Cubitt and Katy breakdown structural and non-structural carbohydrates and discuss what carbohydrate sensitivity is as it relates to horses, metabolic diseases associated with carbohydrate sensitivity, equines more prone to these diseases, how to tell if your horse may have an issue with consuming too many sugars and starches and when to get your veterinarian involved.
Have any topic ideas you want to hear more about? Let us know email@example.com.
Neck crest fat in horses has been suggested to be associated with insulin resistance and increased risk for laminitis. Recent research has developed a novel scoring system for grading neck crest fatness with the "cresty neck scoring system."
Learn more and see visuals on this blog post: https://www.standleeforage.com/standlee-barn-bulletin/cresty-neck-a-precursor-to-metabolic-disease-in-horses
- Have a topic idea or feedback to share? We want to connect with you! Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Share our podcast and learn more about our co-hosts at our Beyond the Barn podcast page
- SUBSCRIBE to the Beyond the Barn podcast email to be an exclusive insider!
- Find us on Apple, Spotify or Google Podcasts and SUBSCRIBE, so you never miss an episode.
- Check out the Standlee Barn Bulletin Blog
- Find more nutritional resources from Dr. Stephen Duren and Dr. Tania Cubitt at https://www.standleeforage.com/nutrition/
- Connect with Standlee on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and TikTok
WRITE A REVIEW
If you enjoy the Beyond the Barn Podcast, please consider taking a minute to rate and review the podcast on these popular platforms.